Experience & Education
B.A., English, Harvard University
M.A., Psychology, Long Island University
Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Long Island University
Statement of Equivalence of Overseas Qualification, The British Psychological Society (B.P.S)
English Teacher, Ward Melville High School, Setauket, New York
Research Worker, Institute of Psychiatry
Clinical Psychologist, Maudsley Hospital/ Honorary Lecturer
Institute of Psychiatry
Clinical Psychologist, Maudsley Hospital/Honorary Lecturer, Institute of Psychiatry
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, South London and Maudlsey NHS Trust/Honorary Lecturer, Institute of
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust/Honorary Senior Lecturer, Institute of
Currently Retired/Honorary Senior Lecturer, Institute of Psychiatry
Processional Society Memberships
Chartered Clinical Psychologist, B.P.S.
Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, British Association for
Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies - BABCP
Main Clinical Responsibilities
1. Consultant Clinical Psychologist supervising another sector psychologist, managing and supervising
another psychologist, and offering additional supervision to other professionals.
2. Providing clinical service to the South East Lambeth Lambeth Assessment and Treatment Team, with more
than 20 years of clinical experience.
3. Psychometric testing of patients referred by the medical teams.
4. A member of a research team developing a Cognitive-Behavioural treatment package for patients with
Manic Depressive Illness.
5. I was a member of a research team that developed, Compliance Therapy, a CBT-based therapy aimed at
improving compliance with psychiatric medication.
6. I have been involved in developing group treatments for people who hear voices and who feel that they
suffer from stigmatisation, and have run both types of groups.
Consultative and Supervisory Role
7. Supervision of other team members, including doctors and nurses, doing psychological work with team
clients. This work often focuses on work with difficult and demanding clients with personality
8. I always supervise a psychology trainee, who also does treatment and testing for the South East Lambeth
9. I have prepared over 250 medical-legal reports on survivors of accidents and trauma, mostly involved
with diagnosing Post-Traumatic Stress disorder.
10. I was the lead for Lambeth Psychology on Supervision.
Support Committee (A joint student-staff committee to devise a departmental policy for coping with student
Psychology Representative on the Lambeth Audit Committee
Psychology Department Media Representative
Maudsley/Institute of Psychiatry/Kings College
Lectures on medication compliance
Organising Interviewing and Non-Specific Factors in Therapy workshop
Taking part in clinical skills workshops
Third year tutorials on management of patients with difficult personalities
Clinical Supervisor on Training Course
Personal Tutor on Training Course
Have supervised 3 MSc's, as well as Service Related Projects
Lectures on medication compliance to outside groups
Lectures on psychological treatment of psychosis
I have also published many books and papers, details of which can be found here
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for North London and Hertfordshire covering services for North London and
Hertfordshire offering Therapy in Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Phobias, Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
Obsessions and Compulsions, Substance Abuse, Childhood Trauma, Bipolar Disorder
My location is ideal and convenient for those living in North London, London, St Albans, Barnet, New Barnet,
Cockfosters, Totterdige, Whetstone, Hadley Wood, Finchley, Southgate, Oakwood, Borehamwood, Elstree, Potters Bar,